Aquilex Fluid Management System
What you need to know about the Aquilex System
The Aquilex system helps you maintain control of your procedures. Its technology and design maintaining distention independent of hysteroscope diameter.
There are now two versions of the Aquilex fluid management system; the latest with dual scale technology and the classic without dual scale technology. For more information, you can view the IFU here.
The Aquilex fluid management system includes:
- Two calibrated scales, one for the supply bags measures fluid through the inflow tubing and one located on the canister rings monitors fluid getting returned through the outflow tubing. Eliminating deficit error for when supply bag progresses to empty and the pump wheel continues to spin.
- The ability to add or remove bags without pausing the system.
- A system pause function that stops both inflow and suction pumps and locks the fluid deficit reading when a canister change is necessary, reducing inaccurate deficit readings due to canister changes.
Unique features of the Aquilex system include:
- A user interface that is easy to use, once the system is connected and powered on.
- One integrated system with a fluid pump capable of 800 ml/min inflow.
- Two integrated vacuum pumps
- One for the under-buttock drape and scope outflow – capable of producing up to 125 mmHg of suction.
- One for the MyoSure system – capable of producing up to 500 mmHg of suction.
- Automatic lumen calibration to optimise intrauterine pressure for achieving and maintaining distention and visualisation.
- Dual scale technology means there is a scale for the supply hooks, and a scale for the canisters for accurate deficit measurements.
Aquilex Set Up Videos
The following training video demonstrates initial set up of the Aquilex Fluid Management System when using the Serres suction system.
The following training video demonstrates initial set up of the Aquilex Fluid Management System when using the VacSax suction system.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
The MyoSure® tissue removal system, consisting of the MyoSure tissue removal devices (LITE, REACH, XL) and MyoSure controller, is intended for hysteroscopic intrauterine procedures by trained gynecologists to resect and remove tissue including submucous myomas, endometrial polyps, and retained products of conception. The MyoSure MANUAL hysteroscopic tissue removal device is intended for intrauterine use by a trained gynecologist to hysteroscopically resect and remove tissue, including focal lesions such as endometrial polyps and retained products of conception. MyoSure products are not appropriate for patients who are or may be pregnant, or are exhibiting pelvic infection, cervical malignancies, or previously diagnosed uterine cancer.
For more details on risks and benefits of the MyoSure system, MyoSure MANUAL tissue removal device, MyoSure hysteroscope and the Aquilex® fluid control system, please consult their respective IFUs.